Thursday, April 26, 2012

Contradictions


Some of the inherent contradictions in our everyday modern lives:
  • planning for a secured future for our children and not willing to compromise on our personal comforts that cumulatively cause devastation of our planet (thereby robbing the security off their future)
  • being concerned about the environment and driving a car (or any motorized private vehicle)
  • buying organic foods packed in plastic
  • buying organic produce that are not grown locally
  • keeping our houses clean and putting out the garbage (after all, the garbage gets somewhere on this planet, it doesn't just magically disappear)
  • wanting to stay healthy and not paying attention to the source of the food we eat
  • concerned about global warming and using a clothes' dryer, air-conditioner or any such modern convenience
I have personally been through all of these contradictions in my life. Every single time I was aware of the gap between what I wanted to do and what I actually did, I cringed. I carried that pain in my mind and body. I didn't want to continue that way. I am currently exploring options that would reduce, if not eliminate altogether, the contradictions in my life.

- Hema

No comments:

Post a Comment